LOS ANGELES — This UCLA comeback win over Oregon was not as dramatic or historic as the one last month.

The Bruins fell behind by 19 points at the start of the second half and quickly made up ground with 17 consecutive points that led to a 90-83 win over the Ducks without the need for any last-minute heroics in front of 10,588 at Pauley Pavilion on Saturday night.

UCLA went ahead 58-55 on a 3-pointer by Jaylen Hands with 10:01 left to play, and the Ducks never led again as UCLA scored 62 points in the second half to spoil a first half for Oregon that ranked among its best of the season.

“We scored 83 points, 44 in the first half, that should be enough,” Oregon coach Dana Altman said.

It wasn’t enough for a win because UCLA shot 65.5 percent in the second half while making 10-of-13 3-pointers. Hands scored all of his game-high 27 points in the second half, including seven 3-pointers.

Hands hit three straight 3-pointers before driving for a basket to cap UCLA’s 17-0 run that put them ahead for the first time at 55-53. After Kenny Wooten scored to tie the game, Hands pulled up from about 30 feet to hit another 3-pointer.

“All those tough shots Hands was making, give credit where it is due,” Oregon senior Paul White said. “He was on fire.”

Oregon tied the game for the final time at 62-62 on two free throws from Wooten before the Bruins went on a 13-3 run. When Oregon closed within 83-77, Hands again pulled up from well behind the arc to make his final 3-pointer with 43 seconds left.

“Hands got it going after we gave him a couple good looks,” Altman said. “He hit some deep ones, but that’s what happens when a guy gets going.”

Oregon (15-12) fell into a tie for ninth place in the Pac-12 with Arizona at 6-8, eliminating almost any chance of securing one of the four first-round byes in the conference tournament.

“This game was kind of like our season, we just go up and down and it's tough,” Oregon junior guard Payton Pritchard said.

Oregon scored on its first four possessions of the game and made seven of its first eight 3-pointers to pull ahead 37-25 before extending that mark to 44-28 at the break.

The Ducks were 17-for-27 from the field in the first half before making 12-of-31 shots in the second half. Oregon’s 3-point percentage dropped from 61.5 in the first half to 17.6 in the final 20 minutes.

“That basket has to be cursed,” White said. “So many times it felt like the shot was good and it went in and out.”

Pritchard opened the second half with a 3-pointer that stretched the margin to 47-28 before Hands got his first points of the game to start a run of eight straight points by the Bruins (15-13, 8-7).

“They just found something that was working for them,” White said. “They were hitting on all cylinders. I don’t know what their percentage was on 3-pointers, but they hit almost every one and if they didn’t they may have gotten a second-chance opportunity.”

Oregon let a 17-point lead get away in a 87-84 overtime loss to the Bruins at Matthew Knight Arena on Jan. 10 when the Bruins made up the final nine points in the last minute of regulation. The rally started much earlier in the rematch for the Bruins, who had 16 second-chance points off eight offensive rebounds in the second half.

White and Pritchard each scored 18 points to pace the Ducks while Wooten added 16 points and nine rebounds. Victor Bailey came off the bench for 13 points while Louis King had 10 points and seven rebounds.

“We shot 50 percent from the field, 36 on 3-pointers and 75 percent from the line, those are usually pretty good figures,” Altman said. “But second-chance points and then points off turnovers in the second half. Add in that they hit all those 3-pointers and it was a bad half.”