Senior forward Marissa Everett scored a pair of goals to lead the Oregon women's soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Idaho on Sunday at Papè Field.

The Ducks (6-1-1) dominated the Vandals (3-5-1), finishing with 12 shots on goal in the nonconference finale.

Oregon’s early possession paid off with a goal in the 10th minute. Midfielder Chardonnay Curran passed the ball to Jazmin Jackmon, who was cutting into the left side of the box. Jackmon entered the box, peeled around a defender and dribbled toward the goal line. She crossed the ball on the ground to a streaking Everett, and a tap in with the left foot was all that was needed for the opening goal of the match.

Everett scored her second goal 24 minutes later. From 30 yards out, Jackmon crossed the ball into the Idaho box where Oregon forward Zoe Hasenauer tipped it to the diving Vandal keeper, Makayla Presgrave. The ball fell to the ground, just in front of the penalty spot, and Everett kicked it in again.

“They don’t get much easier,” Everett said.

The second goal gave the senior from Canyon Lake, Calif., her 14th career goal, moving her into the sixth spot on Oregon’s all-time list. It is also her fifth of the season, tying her with Sheldon High School graduate Emma Eddy for the most on the team.

“It feels great, but I know the season isn’t over yet, so I’ve just got to continue to stay hungry and keep attacking and keep pushing my teammates to also get some goals, some assists,” Everett said.

Oregon’s early fast pace, however, slowed in the second half with the Ducks content to protect their 2-0 lead. They controlled the midfield and held Idaho to only one shot, which was not on goal.

“They’re good at services in the box and we knew that, so we wanted to deny their corner kick opportunities, and the best way to defend a team like this is to keep the ball,” Oregon coach Kat Mertz said.

The Ducks’ best chances to extend the lead came in the final 10 minutes. The ball fell to Everett on the left side of the box three times, but each time no Duck could successfully get on the end of the cross.

Eventually Oregon earned a corner kick. This time, at the far post, defender Hannah Taylor headed the ball toward goal, but Idaho keeper Julia Byerlein saved it. The ball fell to Jackmon, who took a shot, but Byerlein saved it again.

Minutes later, and with 10 seconds left in the match, Oregon’s Nicole Seaman shot the ball to the left corner, Byerlein saved it, but the ball fell to the left side of the net and to Everett’s feet. She hit it over the crossbar, and the final buzzer rang.

“I was hoping, but I kind of just swung for the moon and didn’t really take it,” Everett said. “But yeah, I thought I had it.”

The Ducks open the Pac-12 Conference season at home against Utah at 7 p.m. Friday at Papè Field.